The AP ECET qualifies Diploma holders of Engineering Technology/Pharmacy and B.Sc. (Mathematics) for admission into various undergraduate courses like B.E., B.Tech, and B.Pharm.

The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Anantapur (JNTUA), Anantapur holds the AP ECET on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE).

Eligibility

  • Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian.
  • Domicile: Candidates must belong to/be natives of Andhra Pradesh.
  • Qualifying exam:
  1. Candidates must possess a Diploma in Engineering and Technology from the State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh/B.Sc (or equivalent) with Mathematics as one of the subjects.

Or

  1. Candidates must have passed B.Sc with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
  2. Candidates who are pursuing their diploma in the final semester can also appear for the entrance exam, provided they pass their qualifying examination before starting the course.
  • Minimum marks: Candidates must have an aggregate score of 45% marks for the General and 40% marks for the Reserved category in the qualifying examination.

Lateral entry seats for B.E/B.Tech/Pharmacy

  • Candidate must have qualified or appeared in the AP ECET examination.
  • Candidate should satisfy eligibility and other criteria set by the university for the admissions.
  • The university reserves 85% seats in each course for local candidates. The rest of the 15% is for the other candidates.
  • To get lateral entry into unaided private institutions for minority/not-minority candidates is 20%.
  • For colleges affiliated to the university, 10% of lateral entry seats are reserved according to the number of seats decided by the university.
  • Qualified diploma holders will be given preference over B.Sc (Mathematics) candidates for admissions while filling up the lateral entry seats based on the AP ECET ranks.