It is a university-level exam conducted for admission into integrated and twinned engineering programmes offered by the Andhra University. The courses are of six-years duration as these are dual degree programmes i.e. B.Tech is offered along with M.Tech. The exam is conducted offline. In 2019, 22,799 students wrote the exam, which was held at eight test centres in Visakhapatnam, Kakinada and Vijaywada.
Applicants should be from Andhra Pradesh. Candidates from SAARC countries, other countries, and non-resident Indians can also apply.
– Those who have passed 10+2 with an aggregate 50% in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry are eligible to apply.
– Those who are awaiting the results of 10+2 exams are also eligible to apply, provided they submit necessary documents at the time of counselling.
– The minimum age to apply is 17 years and the maximum age to apply is 25 years (as on the 1st of the month in which the exam is held).
There are 410 seats distributed across seven disciplines of B.Tech:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Information Technology
- Category-based reservations are applicable according to central and state government rules for admissions in higher education institutes.
- Other types of reservations are based on the following – domicile, sports and merit are also applicable.
- Those scoring high in JEE Mains, JEE Advanced, and Karnataka CET are also eligible for a scholarship under the admission scheme announced by the Alliance University, Bangalore.